Padri-Ki-Haveli ("Mansion of Padre"), also known as the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary, is the oldest church in Bihar. When Roman Catholics arrived in Bihar, they built a small church in 1713 at a place now known as Padri-ki-Haveli.
The current church was re-designed by a Venetian architect Tirreto in 1772. He came from Kolkata to design the church. The foundation stone of this church has a dimension of 70 feet of length, 40 feet of width and 50 feet of height.
Nawab Mir Qasim destroyed the church because of the quarrel with the British traders on 25 June 1763. Ancient records were destroyed and burnt consequently. In 1857, during the Great Indian Rebellion, the church was very damaged again.